Screenings & Festivals
Diner is ready !... Hungry ? Come over here ! On this page you'll find all the dates and locations of the movie screenings. From Paris to Palm Springs through London and Dresden, A Juicy Turkey travels the world: already 11 countries and 3 continents!
You will also find an overview of every past screening or festival in which the film was selected. You may also go on the Facebook page of the movie, to read articles about the festivals where the crew was to support the movie.
BUDAPEST EU-SHORTS FESTIVAL
- EUShorts presents contemporary European short films. It aims to elevate the status of shorts and illuminate the diversity and the cohesion of our old continent. It aims to introduce new generations the atmosphere of art cinemas and manifest a pan-European cultural identity for all to share, enjoy and celebrate.
COURTS-BOUILLONS NIGHT at LA PÉNICHE CINEMA
- La Péniche Cinéma (The movie-houseboat) shows films for the directors of tomorrow by organizing several times a month short films screenings followed by a debate with the filmmakers. this event is organized with the support of Arte and Shorts TV France. Courts-Bouillons Night of May 6th 2010.
CÔTE BLEUE SHORT FILMS FESTIVAL
- A Juicy Turkey was selected in that festival which took place March 20th and 21st at the Cinema Fernandel in Carry le Rouet.
HORROR FILM FESTIVAL
- A Juicy Turkey was selected in the French-speaking short films cartegory (16 films) during the 3rd year of the festival which took place from october 24th to Novembre 4th 2009.
GRANADA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Spain)
- This was the 16th year of the GRANADA INTERNATIONAL YOUNG FILMMAKERS FESTIVAL. It was held from 24th to 31st October 2009. A Juicy Turkey was selected in the international competition, in the Fantastic program.
- "A Juicy Turkey" was selected at the Troia International Film Festival. The movie was part of the Cinema Noir selection. This festival took place in Setubal from Sept 4th to 13th.
PORTOBELLO FILM FESTIVAL (London, United Kingdom)
- In 2009, for its
14th year, the Portobello Film Festival returned to Notting Hill, and showcased more than 700 independent films from all over the world all for free, during three weeks. Septembre 3-20.
STRASBOURG INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- SiFF showcased from August 28th to September 6th about 25 feature films and more than 100 short films from creative, non-conformist, original and independent directors in all the genres. A Juicy Turkey was part of the Surreal Dramedies program. Screening Sept. 2nd at L'Artichaut theatre.
MALIBU FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- A turkey in Malibu !... But it's not Pamela ! "A Juicy Turkey" was selected at the Malibu International Film Festival.The Directors Guild of America hosted this years events. Films were screenned at the prestigious Directors Guild Theater in Hollywood, CA. August 7-9.
WIMBLEDON SHORTS (Grande-Bretagne)
- This festival is organised by the Wimbledon Film Club for the second time. It took place on Saturday, June 20th 2009 at the Polka Theatre and has presented 17 shorts films under 15 minutes each.
CORTO IN BRA (Italy)
- The Slow Food on Film Festival originated in 2002 in Bra as a section of Corto in Bra. Here it grew until 2006. This year the festival returned home. Corto in Bra festival showed A Juicy Turkey for a Slow Food On Film special night. Sunday june 28, 2009
SPACE4 SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (United Kingdom)
- The 4th edition of the festival presented about 50 films of over 20 countries which included drama, comedy and animation. It took place at The Key Theatre in Peterborough from June 29th to July 3rd 2009.
MANLLEU SHORT FILMS FESTIVAL (Spain)
- The Manlleu Short Films Festival exists since 7 years and has been transformed into an international festval 3 years ago. It shocases about 300 films from all over the world and will take place this year from Mai 20th to 30th.
SLOW FOOD ON FILM FESTIVAL (Bologna, Italy)
- This food and cinema festival has the ambition to promote gastronomy in opposition to fast and junk food. It showcases every kind of films that focus on gastronomy whatever is the approach. It will take place May 6-11 2009.
LOS ANGELES UNITED FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- This festival is a part of a group of festivals (The United Ferstivals) held in Los Angeles, New York, Tulsa, San Fransisco, Chicago and Londres, bringing art and creativity together to create a united film community.
SUNSCREEN FILM FESTIVAL (Florida, USA)
- This festival is presented by the St Petersburg-Clearwater Film Society. It will be the fourth edition. The Festival will take place from April 29th to May 3rd and was host by St Petersburg's Muvico Theater.
VIENNA FRENCH-SPEAKING FILM FESTIVAL (Austria)
- This non competitive destival is organised through the support of Vienna French Institute, the Canadian embassy in Austria and also the Belgian and Swiss institutions. In 2009, the festival took place from April 25th to 30th.
EAST END FILM FESTIVAL (London, United Kingdom)
- The festival showcases hot new talent and homegrown films alongside larger independent releases and special events. It was held from April 23nd to 30th and was host by different theaters including Rich Mix, Genesis Cineman, The Rio Cinema and Cineworld West India Quay. Screening: April 29th at Rich Mix.
INDEPENDENT DAYS (Karlsruhe, Germany)
- The festival, which is organised by Filmboard Karlsruhe, was held from April 23nd to 26th at the Shauburg Theatre. It was the ninth edition of this festival which has a specificity; it shows low and no-budget short films.
MADAGASCAR SHORT FILMS ENCOUNTERS
- This entirely free festival took place from April 21st to 25th in Antananarivo, the capital of Madagascar. It is organised with the support of the Albert Camus French Cultural Centree of Madagascar.
ATLANTA FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
- This festival is hold since 1977 and took place this year April16-25 at the Landmark Midtown Art Cinema (Atlanta, Georgia). This year the festival present a spotlight on Mexican films. Screening: April 24th, 9:45 PM.
NEWFILMMAKERS (New York, USA)
- This New York festival celebrate new talents and independent films. It takes place four times a year at the Anthology Film Archives in East Village in the center of Manhanttan. The festival took place April 1-5 2009.
FESTIVAL DES 24 COURTS (France)
- Organised by the association "Au fil des mots", the festival tok place on the first week-end of April 2009 in Bouloire and Moncé en Belin (Sarthe). A Juicy Turkey is a part of the official selection which was screened Sunday 5th at the Théâtre de l'Epidaure.
BORDEAUX EUROPEAN SHORT FILMS FESTIVAL (France)
- This festival is organized since 1997 by the association Extérieur Nuit, the BEM Management School association and takes place at UGC Ciné Cité of Bordeaux during the spring. 2009 festival 2009, on April 2nd and 3rd.
SCREENING NIGHT AT LE RÉSERVOIR (Paris, France)
- Le Réservoir is one of the famous Pop Rock stage of Paris. Organized by screenwriter Michel Alexandre, Le Réservoir Club's screening nights take place every months. From that night, we will remember this quote from Isabelle Morini-Dosc (from the French radio RTL): "A Juicy Turkey is horrible but I liked it anyway". Screened March 31st.
"COURTS POUR TOUS" FESTIVAL(France)
- This festival take place in Ville d'Avray and presents about twenty short films. A Juicy Turkey will be presented out of competition. The festival took place at the end of March at the Maison Pour Tous.
CINÉFRANCO (Toronto, Canada)
- Cinéfranco is the French-speaking Film Festival of Toronto (English-speaking Canada). It celebrate and promote diversity and the richness of the cinema in French. Its eleventh edition will took place from March 27 to April 5 at Le Royal theatre.
MAMERS-EN-MARS FESTIVAL (France)
- The Mamers-en-Mars took place in Mamers (as you can see in its name) in the department of Sarthe (as you can't see in its name). It took place March 19-21. It's an european-film festival and gather short and feature films.
AUBAGNE INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- Aubagne International Film Festival took place from March 16 to 21. This festival stress on the creation of the music score. A Juicy Turkey was screened in the School and High School program.
MINIMALEN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (Norway)
- "A Juicy Turkey" made its first steps on the Norwegian territory in Trondheim during the 21st Minimalen Short Film Festival from March 6th to 10th '09. The festival showed 160 films. A Juicy Turkey was screened in the international panorama.
L.A. COMEDY SHORT (Los Angeles, USA)
Los Angeles Premiere
- The festival took place March 5-8 at Downtown Independent Theatre. It has been created after a report: only 4 films won Best picture academy award in history. That's why this festival has been made to support comedies.
"FENETRE SUR COURTS" FESTIVAL (France)
- The Fenêtre sur Courts festival took place like every year at the Eldorado Cinema in Dijon IN 2008, it ran from December 12 to 16. The festival has two competitions; the first one is regional, the second one is national. A Juicy Turkey has been screened December 13th and ran for the national competition.
SCREENING NEAR LYON AT CINEMA PARADISO (France)
Saint-Martin en Haut (Monts du Lyonnais)
- The sreening of A Juicy Turkey organized by the production with the film crew at Cinema Paradiso in St Martin en Haut (Lyon area) on Nov. 29th gathered 110 people at the box office. The screening was followed by a buffet. For A Juicy Turkey: "Hip Hip... Yummy!"
FILM OF FAMILY FESTIVAL (France)
- "The Film of Family Festival, created at L’espace 1789 in Saint-Ouen (near Paris) in 2006, is the opportunity of meetings and exchanges, of surprising discovery and unexpected emotional experiences. Films of Famiy
break stereotypes, soak in every genre et stimulate all senses." Screening on Saturday Nov 29th at 08:00 pm
LILLE INTERNATIONAL SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- Beside official competiton, Lille InternationalShort Film Festival has organized "La Nuit Décalée" (The Fancy Night) showing several original shorts and features. "A Juicy Turkey" gathered the feature "Shortbus" during that night for example.
NYC DOWNTOWN SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (USA)
New York Premiere - Audience Choice Screenings
- The Duo Theatre (New York) has hosted this festival for 5 years. Every months 3 screenings of submitted short films are organized. The films selected by the audience will be selected for the festival in April.
Programmation - nycdowntownshorts.blogspot.com
FESTIVAL VYMMEDIA (France)
- This little festival is held in the departement of Moselle (Lorraine) in the town of Saint Avold. The festival took place from 11/20 to 11/22 at the Cultural centre and A Juicy Turkey received the Special Prize of the Jury
AMIENS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- "A Juicy Turkey" was selected at the Amiens International Film Festival which took place from November 7 to November 16. That's one of the most important film festival in France. More than 300 films et 66 000 moviegoers in 2008.
LEEDS INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Grande-Bretagne)
- Leeds International Film Festival took place from November 11 to November 16. It's the most important film festival in England outside London. It shows feature and short films. The film has been screened in the Fantasy Shorts Competition Programme at the Hyde Park Picture House in Leeds.
KERRY FILM FESTIVAL (Ireland)
- "A Juicy Turkey" has been presented at the Kerry Film Festival ( November 1st-8th) . Screening Tuesday 4th at The Old Presbytery.
"COURT-METRANGE" FESTIVAL (France)
- This festival took place from October 23rd to 25th in Rennes, capital of Brittany. It use to present inwonted or fantastic films which are rarely shown in films festival. It' has also been an opportunity for good meetings.
OCTOBER CINEMA LOUNGE (Los Angeles, USA)
- Film Independent, which is by the way the Los Angeles Film Festival organiser where the film was submitted, has selected "A Juicy Turkey" for its October Cinema Lounge. What's this? An every-month short films screenings on dvd only for Film Independent members and guest of selected movies" directors. On October 21st at Whiskey Blue (W. LA - Westwood) www.filmindependent.org
FESTI'VAL D'OISE (France)
- This festival took place October 11th and 12th in L'Isle-Adam (Val d'Oise). "A Juicy Turkey" has been screened at the theater "Le Conti". You can check all the selected movies on the film festival website.
Film festival website
JEAN CARMET FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- "A Juicy Turkey" was selected in this festival which has been held between October 08th and October 15th in Moulins (Allier). This festival particulary focuses on actors. Besides Nicolas Buchoux and Aude Roman were both nominees each for an award.
RAINDANCE FILM FESTIVAL (London, United Kingdom)
London & UK Premiere
- The festival took place in London Piccadilly Circus between October 1 and October 12). 127 short films were selected and "A Juicy Turkey" won the Best International Short Award. That's the first award receivrd by the Turkey.
"OSE CE COURT !" FESTIVAL (France)
- The festival took place Friday 3rd and Saturday 4th of October in BIshheim (next to Strasbourg). The movie was selected in compétition . This festival was the opportunity to meet other French filmmakers and share experiences.
PALM SPRINGS INTERNATIONAL SHORTFEST, Californie
North America Premiere
- "A Juicy Turkey" a made its debuts in the United States in this great festival wich took place from August 21st to 28th. Our turkey was screened into the "Family Follies" program. This festival was the opportunity to meet a lot of other filmmakers. Such nice memories !
Overview of the selected films & festival photos: www.psfilmfest.org
FILMNÄCHTE AM ELBUFER (Dresden, Germany)
Short Films Night presented by Filmfest Dresden
- Filmfest Dresden, which took place in april, organize the Short Films Night during the Film Night next to the Elbe like every summer. A Juicy Turkey is one of the reissued films. The screening was in the open air.
"COURTS DANS L' HERBE" FESTIVAL (France)
- The 6th Courts dans l'herbe festival of Saint Maur des Fossées (Paris area) will take place in the Parc de L'Abbaye on June 13th and 14th prochain. This open air festival will present short films, concerts, DJ stes, exhibitions, theatre... Screening in competition Saturday 14 th at 10:30 PM.
www.courtsdanslherbe.com - Films in competition
MONTPELLIER SHORT FILM FESTIVAL (France)
- The 1st Montpellier Short Film Festival will take place from June 12th to 15th at the Diagonale Capitole and the Rabelais Center. The movie will be screened on Friday 13th at 3:00 PM, Saturday 14th at 6:00 PM and Sunday 15th at 4:00 PM.
HUESCA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL (Spain)
- The 36e Huesca International Film Festival will take place from June 5th to 15th. The movie will be screened in competition on Wednesday June 11th at 7:30 PM at the SALÓN DE ACTOS DE LA DIPUTACIÓN PROVINCIAL DE HUESCA.
SHORT FILM CORNER - FESTIVAL DE CANNES 2008
- "La Dinde Marinée" will be at the Short Film Corner of Cannes Film Festival '08 (from May 14th to May 24th). The Short Film Corner (May 14th to 24th) is the part of the Film Market dedicated to short films. Accredited professionnals will be able to see the movie on interactive screens.
in FILMFEST DRESDEN, Germany
(Dresden international short film festival)
- Filmfest Dresden took place from 15th to 20th april '08. Selected in a special program, "A Juicy Turkey" has been screened in a program called "La vie en 20 minutes". This selection of 9 French short film,made in collaboration with Dresden Frenc Institute, has been screened three times during the festival and gathered about hundred spectators each times. "La vie 20 minutes" has been screened again at Rostock French instute (North of Germany).
www.filmfest-dresden.de - Film festival trailer - More details on the 9 short films of "La vie en 20 minutes".
PREVIEW at KODAK (Paris)
- The preview of the movie took place Thuesday 12th February at Kodak (Paris).
- The two scrennings gathered 144 spectators in a theater which was quite full....
- Nice night !
- The direction of the bar just across the street is also very satisfied of the night....
If you want to keep in touch with the turkey to know everything about the movie (selection in festivals, screenings etc.), you can suscribe to "The Dindy Planet", A Juicy Turkey's newsletter.